If you are a professor looking to submit your reading list:
In partnership with Labyrinth, the University has developed a tool that will allow you to submit your reading list directly to us via Blackboard. The reading list submission tool can be found on Blackboard in the Course Tools menu for each course you are teaching. From the My Courses module, click a course name to select a course, then select Course Tools on the left, then select Reading List. Access to the tool is limited to instructors, AI's, and departmental staff currently associated with this course. If you have taught a class previously, you will find an easy option for copying a list from another semester.
If your department has a coursebook coordinator, please give your list(s) to him or her. Administrators in your department have received training related to the tool and will be able to answer questions related to its use.
If you prefer, we will gladly take your book order via email or over the phone. Feel free to contact Annie at any time (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to stop by the store. All technical questions should be addressed to the Help Desk: 609.258.4357 (8-HELP) or email@example.com.
If you are a student looking for information on what books you will need and/or their availability through Labyrinth:
Starting on September 1, 2011, you will find all your reading lists directly on the Blackboard site for your classes. If you are a fully enrolled Princeton student, you will be able to order the books directly from us online via your Blackboard sites at a 30% discount or come by and buy them in-store as in the past and receive the same discount.
For online viewing and shopping, just follow these simple steps:
- Log into Blackboard (with a Princeton University ID or a special Blackboard ID).
- Navigate to a course site.
- Click the Reading List link in the course menu.
- Click the Order from Labyrinth button for each book you wish to purchase.
- Click the Go to Book Bag button. From the Book Bag page you will see what you have ordered, navigate to Reading Lists for other courses, and check out through the Labyrinth Books site.
If you are a parent, auditor, or other guest to Blackboard and wish to find out what the required readings are for a class, please follow the steps below. Note that the online purchasing option will not be available to you. However, the books will be ready for you in the store.
- Locate a course in the Registrar's Course Offerings site:
- Click the book icon at the far right of the listing.
- You will land on the Blackboard login page. Select the option I am a guest and wish to view areas that are open to the public and click the Continue button.
- You will be taken directly to the Reading List for the course you selected. As a guest you will not have the option of ordering books.